Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Homelink garage door opener question

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
woojoo83
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink garage door opener question

hey all, i just got my G a few days ago. it's awesome, but i am having trouble getting my G's integrated garage door opener on my rear view mirror to properly work.

i know i know, you're going to say refer to the manual and i did/have and went step-by-step, but still nothing. it's not a huge deal since i still have the original garage opener, but i'd like to be able to take advantage of that feature on this banging car.

anyone have any issues but figure it out? thanks for the help in advance. take it easy
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by woojoo83
hey all, i just got my G a few days ago. it's awesome, but i am having trouble getting my G's integrated garage door opener on my rear view mirror to properly work.

i know i know, you're going to say refer to the manual and i did/have and went step-by-step, but still nothing. it's not a huge deal since i still have the original garage opener, but i'd like to be able to take advantage of that feature on this banging car.

anyone have any issues but figure it out? thanks for the help in advance. take it easy
Fellow Tennesseean!!!! w00t!!!

Ok, since I recently did mine....did you hold the desired homelink button on the mirror while pressing your remote at the same time until the light flashed rapidly and then stopped?

Also, the other step to using the HomeLink, you'll need to press the "learn" button on the door opener unit, then get in your car and press the programmed homelink button so the opener unit learns the frequency coming from your car. This took 2 tries for me. Works great to this day. Hope this helped.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:50 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

^Yep that's it. Most people forget to press and hold the button you want to program and the door operator button at the same time until it flashes rapidly. When you do the learn button correctly your garage door receiver's lights in the garage should flash also.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
AndrewDDS

Don't feel bad, it took me about 3 hours and I had to download the instruction manual for my garage door opener before I finally figured it out. The key is the "learn" button the garage door opener and the proper timing. It really helps to have someone else there to push the learn button while you're in the car programming the homelink.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
woojoo83
Registered Member

hey thanks for all of the slight nuances in your suggestions. i'll try it again tomorrow after work and let you know how it goes. hopefully the key is the garage engine's "learn" button to put out the frequency while i hold down the homelink button.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
Idaho siirto

In the case of getting my garage door programed:
FTFM-Called the Homelink 1-800 number noted in said manual (8-5 central or somesuch)
/Walked me through process in a couple minutes over the phone.
//Whatever... I still don't know what it was I was doing wrong (or not doing right).
///Don't care.
////Life is short.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Idaho siirto
In the case of getting my garage door programed:
FTFM-Called the Homelink 1-800 number noted in said manual (8-5 central or somesuch)
/Walked me through process in a couple minutes over the phone.
//Whatever... I still don't know what it was I was doing wrong (or not doing right).
///Don't care.
////Life is short.
how does this help the OP with his problem? It doesn't. Thanks. Fail.

Trending Topics

Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 AM
splitmx

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37

bahahahah +1
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

I screwed up the first couple of times when I was trying to program mine. I didn't realize I had to press the learn button on the opener unit that's in the garage. But it was pretty easy after..
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
most people dont understand you might need 2 people if it's a rolling code mechanism
Old 04-03-2009, 03:35 AM
Idaho siirto

Hey Shortbus: It helps...ummm because it solves the problem?
He calls Homelink at the 1-800, they walk him through it, garage door is programed in about 2 minutes.

Last edited by Idaho siirto; 04-03-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Originally Posted by Idaho siirto
Hey Shortbus: It helps...ummm because it solves the problem?
He calls Homelink at the 1-800, they walk him through it, garage door is programed in about 2 minutes.
Because we've already answered his question and pointed out things he might not have done. And no, I don't ride the shortbus, I'm the driver....now go sit back down with your juice box.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Idaho siirto

Because we've already answered his question and pointed out things he might not have done. And no, I don't ride the shortbus, I'm the driver....now go sit back down with your juice box.
What he might not have done? WTF
A 2 minute phone call to Homelink and done beats wasting all the time on "might work."

Now remember to put your helmet on before you go back to the nice shiny pile of glass your mom left you to play with.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
KnoxvilleG37

OK I'm not going to continue this. To the OP, I hope you got your Homelink problem figured out. Remember the "learn" button on the door opener unit....I'm thinking that's the problem. You can always call the 1-800 number if needed. I'm sure you'll get it figured out bro! How long have you lived in TN?
Old 04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Degenerazn

I was just going to post something regarding this.

I used up all 3 homelink buttons but now want to erase one and replace it with another. It is not the rolling code mechanism. My apartment complex changed the gate code and I got issued a new garage door opener. Any ideas how to erase one and replace it with another?

Quick Reply: Homelink garage door opener question